Merchant Navy is a course that is quite popular in the world. Gone are the days when students used to take to conventionalcourses for climbing the ladder of success. Unconventional degrees and courses are getting popular among the students for the scope they have to offer the students. Students opt for different streams once they clear their 12th standard. If you are one of them and trying to opt for merchant navy course after 12th, you need to follow certain steps. Continue reading to know about those important steps.
Are you eligible to join in the merchant navy or Graduate Marine Engineering Course? Well, you can check that after reading the following points.
• The minimum age to join is 17 while the maximum age is 25
• There is a relaxation of age for students belonging to SC or ST category
• You need to have a fitness certificate from a gazette medical practitioner
• Your eyesight should be 6/9 in the one that is the better eye while 6/18 for the eye that has a problem of vision
• Male and female can apply
• The board should be a recognised one
• Minimum qualification is 12th
Departments in Merchant Navy
It is crucialto know thatMerchant navy has different departments in which you can enrol your candidature. You can join as a Deck Officer, as an Engineer, as a Caterer and much more. You need to know what your interest is before you apply for any of the departments. After all, you don’t want to miss your opportunity to join the Merchant Navy, do you?
CET for Merchant Navy
Common Entrance Test or CET is the entrance that you need to clear before getting a seat and sponsorship in a college and from a Shipping Company.
It is one of the most trending job profiles that youths are willing to join. It is dynamic and working in the sea is something exciting and unique than the regular 9 to 5 job. Are you studying in the 12th standard and willing to join Merchant Navy, this blog should help you in clearing your doubts?