Want to be nautical engineering then get admission in Delhi Maritime AcademyMay 20, 2019
Learn about merchant navy admission procedureJune 20, 2019
There are many courses offered after 10th and 12th; one of them is Merchant Navy Courses. There are many courses offered for the merchant navy job training according to the merchant navy. The eligibility for applying in merchant navy courses is to pass the 10th / 12th standard. One does not have to possess a great qualification for joining merchant navy; one can take merchant navy admission even after 10th /12th. There are many training institutes, both government and private, that offer the Merchant Navy courses after 10th or merchant navy courses after 12th. Courses offered by Merchant Navy are:
- General Purpose Rating: Merchant Navy course is a 6 months training program. Students who have passed the 10th standard with mathematics, science, and English subjects are eligible to pursue the Merchant Navy courses.
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) – You can opt for merchant navy courses after 12th with PCM. 45% result is mandatory.
- There are huge employment opportunities in this field.
- Once you have finished the course in the merchant navy, you can get jobs very easily.
- The possibility of finding a job in cargo ships is more as compared to the others.
- There are many marine training institutes that can train you to get selected easily.
For B.Tech Program:
- You should have passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry, and Math and scored an aggregate of 45%
- The age should not be more than 25 Years.
You can also join as lateral entry in B.Tech program:
- You should have completed the first year of engineering from an AICTE recognized Engineering College in India
- You should have completed a minimum of three-year diploma course in either Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Machine tool and Maintenance Engineering, Plant Engineering, Electrical Power Systems, Digital Electronics, Industrial Electronics, Instrumentation and control, Electronics and Communication, Electronics and Telecommunication or Electronics Engineering
- You should have completed Production Engineering or an Advanced Diploma in Die Making.
For General Purpose Rating:
- You should pass in 10th Standard
- Minimum age limit is between 17 years 6 months and 25 yrs
- The vision should be perfect ie. no color blindness, 6/6 vision in each eye and no spectacles are allowed.
For Marine engineering:
- The minimum qualifying marks are 50% in final year and should have obtained 50% marks in English at 10th or 12th Standard. You must have a degree from recognized graduate marine engineering colleges.
- You must present an approved medical certificate as per DGS norms and the age should not be more than 28 years on the date of commencement of classes. After following strict eligibility you will be able to get admitted in best graduate marine engineering colleges of your choice.
- You should have passed 12th with physics, chemistry, mathematics & English with a minimum 50% marks in the final exam.
- And you should have passed three years Diploma or four years Degree with 60% marks in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, or Electronics and Instrumentation
There are other courses and designations as well, choose wisely according to your preference.